#1 Jorgandzija007

Jorgandzija007

Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:46 AM

Now when the team is out of all competitions, I would like to ask for opinions about summer transfer market (if court somehow decide not to ban Atletico Madrid). Or if we have no choice but to use loaned players, from this season, which players could be good addition to the squad. And which players should leave on the summer, so I am asking about your views in this beginning of a new team for next season.

What should club do with Augusto Fernandez? 

#2 SludgeTunnel

SludgeTunnel

El Niño

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:23 PM

Now when the team is out of all competitions, I would like to ask for opinions about summer transfer market (if court somehow decide not to ban Atletico Madrid). Or if we have no choice but to use loaned players, from this season, which players could be good addition to the squad. And which players should leave on the summer, so I am asking about your views in this beginning of a new team for next season.

What should club do with Augusto Fernandez? 

Leaving players should be Gameiro, Cerci and no matter how I like him but Gaitan. I would consider selling Savic too or use him as substitute but he clearly is not good enough to be starter and when we have players like Lucas and Gimenez.. Correa on loan? He must take next step and will he take it by sitting on bench? I would keep Augusto as if fit he is very good and dont know how much we would get by selling him.

Good additions would be Vitolo to right wing and Diego Costa, Icardi or Lacazette as striker. Bring Camacho back! If Theo is really going we should get some young left back.

If we have transfer ban..hmm..quite hard as nobody hasn´t really shone where they are I quess. We need some striker so maybe Vietto or Santos Borre back. How Diego Jota is doing? Ofcourse if all this Theo thing is total crap we should take him from loan. By the way just noticed that Hector has made 20 goals at secunda but if Borja wasnt good enough..

-----------Icardi/Costa-----------Grizi-------------------

Carrasco---Koke/Saul---Gabi------Vitolo

Filipe---Godin------Lucas/Gimenez-----Vrsaljko

-----------------Oblak--------------------------------------

But if Koke is going to play at wing and Saul at center I quess Carrasco and Vitolo fight for the same spot then. Anyway we should get someone who will replace Gabi so Camacho would be ideal to that.

And last but definetely not least we should keep Torres untill he retires!

Edited by SludgeTunnel, 11 May 2017 - 12:26 PM.

#3 Kaminero

Kaminero

Rojiblanco

• Moderators
  • 5,312 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:49 PM

Amen! :)

#4 LSS

LSS

Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:58 PM

I think we should keep him even after he retires (in some non-playing role).

Having said that, I also think he should retire after this season.  :P

#5 Zed

Zed

Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:37 PM

he should go to mls imo , most of the time he is on the pitch i feel like we play in 10 men

as for augusto , we should keep him as backup , hes decent

from what i read theo allready signed for real , so we really  need to buy a world  class left back if  we want to compete  and maybe another striker or atacking midfiler

most important is that simeone and griezzi continues for another season :)

#6 Rowly

Rowly

Cantera prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRochester, England

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:33 PM

Based on the current system I'd like a CF who can replace Torres who I'd keep but gradually phase out. I wouldn't mind taking a gamble on Dembele from Celtic but ideally I'd like a top class forward (Sanchez?) to relegate Gameiro to the bench, I like Gameiro but he's not top class. If we could sell Savic for decent money & get a good replacement I'd be well up for that but either way Lucas & Godin should be first choice CB's. I'd also like to see Oliver used as back up to Koke unless the reports that we've sold him are true. Keeping Griezmann would also be huge!

GK: Oblak / Moya

RB: Vrsjalko / Juanfran

CB: Godin / Gimenez

CB: Lucas / Savic

LB: Luis / Theo

RM: Koke / Oliver

CM: Gabi / Augusto / Kranevitter

CM: Saul / Thomas

LW: Carrasco / Gaitan

CF: ? / Gameiro / Torres

CF: Griezmann / Correa

#7 GaN

GaN

Colchonero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationMadrid

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:13 PM

Ignacio Camacho from Málaga

Krychowiak from PSG

I can't think of any striker right now, I wouldn't mind having Falcao back.

#8 Zed

Zed

Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:01 PM

sadly falcao has a huge wage at monaco, something like 350k per week, so he's not coming back , also theo and oliver had been sold

#9 ShalomCohen

ShalomCohen

Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:08 AM

I don't understand. Theo will move to Real, or is it just another yellow press BS? Because everybody is talking about it like it's a done deal.

#10 OV1950

OV1950

El Niño

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:53 AM

Gameiro is a good player and great value for money. The idea of selling him is just crap. If the team managed to have gaitan as starter this year, he would perform even better. Since Griezmann is leaving (this is unfortunate but 100 million is a lot), the money should not be spent in the way that a fashion victim would do. Lacazzette for 70 million is a terrible idea-if that huge sum of money was to be spent then Bellotti of Torino would be much better choice. I do not support this solution though as I believe that priority should be:

- on the side defensive back (Luis and Juanfran will be a year older and this will reflect at this point on their performance, Vrasjlko is good we need another one like him)

- a good, strong defensive centre back with prospects (not neccesarily as a starter)

- a good defensive midfielder since the great Gabi will be 34-35. Krychowiak from PSG is a good choice but probably expensive. My proposal would be going for Asier Illaramendi of Real Sociedad.

- We should definately intergrate Gaitan as a starter (this will count as a new transfer and a great one)

-We need a good player who can play on the left wing. I think we should go for Adem Llajic of Torino. Mikel Oyarzabal of Real Sociedad is a good choice too

- As a striker to play next to Gameiro, my proposal is either Lukasz Teodorczyk of Anderlecht or Lucas Alario of River Plate.

These solutions can well be financed, or at least for the most part of them, from the money of Griezmann transfer.

If the bosses want to spend a bit more as a present for the entrance in the new stadium (and I think they should), then I would say that going for Sandro Ramirez of Malaga is a must.

Simeone is probably leaving, we should build on his inheritance, we should not go for fancy things but transfers of substance.

The fans on wednesday evening were just amazing. Congratulation to everyone in the stadium. They made atletico fans all over the world really proud

Edited by OV1950, 12 May 2017 - 11:57 AM.

#11 SludgeTunnel

SludgeTunnel

El Niño

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:19 PM

Gameiro is a good player and great value for money. The idea of selling him is just crap. If the team managed to have gaitan as starter this year, he would perform even better. Since Griezmann is leaving (this is unfortunate but 100 million is a lot), the money should not be spent in the way that a fashion victim would do. Lacazzette for 70 million is a terrible idea-if that huge sum of money was to be spent then Bellotti of Torino would be much better choice. I do not support this solution though as I believe that priority should be:

- on the side defensive back (Luis and Juanfran will be a year older and this will reflect at this point on their performance, Vrasjlko is good we need another one like him)

- a good, strong defensive centre back with prospects (not neccesarily as a starter)

- a good defensive midfielder since the great Gabi will be 34-35. Krychowiak from PSG is a good choice but probably expensive. My proposal would be going for Asier Illaramendi of Real Sociedad.

- We should definately intergrate Gaitan as a starter (this will count as a new transfer and a great one)

-We need a good player who can play on the left wing. I think we should go for Adem Llajic of Torino. Mikel Oyarzabal of Real Sociedad is a good choice too

- As a striker to play next to Gameiro, my proposal is either Lukasz Teodorczyk of Anderlecht or Lucas Alario of River Plate.

These solutions can well be financed, or at least for the most part of them, from the money of Griezmann transfer.

If the bosses want to spend a bit more as a present for the entrance in the new stadium (and I think they should), then I would say that going for Sandro Ramirez of Malaga is a must.

Simeone is probably leaving, we should build on his inheritance, we should not go for fancy things but transfers of substance.

The fans on wednesday evening were just amazing. Congratulation to everyone in the stadium. They made atletico fans all over the world really proud

Some thoughts came to my mind:

Gameiro maybe as substitute but not as starter. Not good enough at least for our system.

Yeah, Gaitan as starter but in which place in our 4-4-2?

Yes, we need other Vrsaljko but as left back and left footed!

But good player to left wing? Carrasco?

#12 Jorgandzija007

Jorgandzija007

Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:33 PM

And if we can't make transfers, than...do you believe Santos Bore, Kranevitter or Vietto could be fine addition to squad?

#13 Zed

Zed

Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:01 PM

LOL gameiro is not good value for money, he's got worse numbers then mandzukic did 2 years ago while beeing more expensive

after the Cerci experiment i don't think i wanna see italian players playing for atleti :D

if we get  Lukasz Teodorczyk as main striker i think we will have trouble getting an europa league place :)

Edited by Zed, 12 May 2017 - 06:37 PM.

#14 Zed

Zed

Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:15 PM

for LB i allways liked Ricardo Rodriguez from wolfsburg ,Jose Gaya from valencia could be a nice addition or Wendell from leverkrusen

for CM to replace gabi in the future i'd go with Dani Ceballos  or Youri Tilemans ( since some1 mentioned anderlecht ) we trying to sign both last season

as for striker ,i think we will be limited to a certain budget like last season unfortunatly :(

#15 OV1950

OV1950

El Niño

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:32 PM

@ Sludge Tunnel
It is not that I do not like Carrasco but I think he is better as a substitute not a starter.

Gameiro can be a starter if he has a tall and athletic guy as a striker on his side or if he plays with two very fast guys as he is, on the flanks. He can be a substitute in the case that a tall athletic striker comes and Atletico signs someone like Sandro Ramirez as well (which would be the perfect solution)

Gaitan as a RM, Koke and a strong defensive midfielder (like Krychowiak or Illaramendi) in the middle and a LM (like Ljajic).

Agree on the left back and left footed

@ Zed
I did not say that Mandzukic is not of good value for money player and this does not mean that Gameiro is not. Your comparison of the price is not right. The summer we bought Gameiro, there was an explosion in prices. It was a good deal. Since you compare goals I tell you that in la liga they have the same goals (perhaps mandzukic one more but Gameiro more assists) but mandzukic had played for much more minutes. If Gameiro has a tall athletic guy next to him, he will perform even better. Gameiro has an excellent team spirit.

I consider both Teodorczyk and Alario very good choices for the money required to buy them. OK I would like Suarez or Cavani but I believe that instead of spending the money from Griezmann's transfer on one or one a half transfer, the team should instead buy 5 good value for money players and get the necessary depth in the bench in order to pressure non stop for 90mins in every spot if the field

#16 exempt

exempt

Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSzczecinek, Poland

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:10 AM

Simeone has recently stated he's staying at Atleti for another season. We all know Cholo - he'll stick with his good ol' 4-4-2, therefore following that angle seems wise.

Assuming the Argentine stays, it's highly probable Griezmann will stay too, but the other place up front is still up for grabs. Gameiro is a good player and hasn't been a huge disappointment - 16 goals is not that bad a return after all. But lack of physical and aerial presence has been painful to watch sometimes and hurt us on multiple occasions this season. I think we might be after a typical 9 type of striker come the summer break (if the transfer ban is lifted, of course). It's worth noting that Simeone doesn't mess around when he doesn't fully fancy a player - Mandzukic and Jimenez were moved after a single season, while Baptistao and Jackson only lasted six months each. Therefore I wouldn't rule out signing another striker this summer.

All the A-strikers (Lewandowski, Cavani, Higuain, etc.) are obviously out of our reach by a mile. There are a couple of players we could poach, but signing them would command huge transfer fees - I'm talking Belotti, Icardi or Costa. Cheaper options include Batshuayi, Andre Silva or - a wildcard type of signing - Anthony Modeste. As for Lacazette or Sandro - signing them would only make sense if Griezmann left, as all three are similarly built players with similar characteristics and combining two small forwards up front hasn't really worked for us as showcased this season.

Then there's the midfield. I think neither Koke, Thomas nor Saul have enough qualities to play holding midfield; Gabi will be 35 next year, Tiago would hit 37 but his contract runs out in two months anyway. Augusto is the only other defensive midfielder we have, but there's no guarantees he'll recapture his form and he himself will be 32 in 2018. Kranevitter doesn't convice me at all, and that seems to be the case with Simeone as well. He was lately linked with a move to Borussia Moenchengladbach too. A Schneiderlin or William Carvalho type of player would be a welcome addition and I really think we have to sign one such player. Since we're in midfield, I was highly impressed by Kevin Kampl's display against us over two legs of Champions League last 16 phase. He'd offer something different in our clunky midfield - penetration through the middle, lots of dribbling, but a lot of tackling and ball keeping skills as well. We were linked with him one day, but that might've only been some so-called media facts (hopefully not). I'd welcome Villarreal's Manu Trigueros with open arms as well.

The defence generally takes care of itself and assuming no-one leaves this summer, I'd say we're pretty well equipped here. We might want to poach a reserve left-back though, since Lucas doesn't offer anything in attacking sense and isn't left-back material anyway for me, plus Theo looks to be on his way out of the club.

As for outgoings - as there must be some - Cerci is obviously the first that springs to mind. We should sell Siqueira, Manquillo, Mensah and Vietto as well - till they're still worth a dime or two. Besides, I'd seriously think about loaning Correa - his progress seems to have stalled as of late and a fresh start could be exactly what he needs.

To sum it up, I think we're one top top striker and a central midfielder away from competing for silverware again. Choices have to be made wisely this time around as 2018 might bring an exodus of players following Simeone and Griezmann out the door, and this coming season might be the last in a while in which we have a chance to grab them Ol' Big Ears.

Edited by exempt, 13 May 2017 - 12:14 AM.

#17 Jorgandzija007

Jorgandzija007

Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:36 PM

Sandro Ramirez would be fine addition, he is the player close to his peak of the form, if we don't grab him now, then he will leave for premier league, I doubt someone else could afford him

#18 OV1950

OV1950

El Niño

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:52 PM

The most certain way not to win the champions league trophy is by getting obsessed by this idea. Atletico needs to keep building competitive teams every year and not gamble desperately to win the trophy in the next season.
The bosses need to make an honest talk with Griezmann. If he wants to become the flag of Atletico until he finishes his career then we keep him. That would be great. If on the other hand Griezmann has in his mind trying somewhere else, then this is the time for him to leave and for Atletico to give him. 100 million euros can be used for signing 4 players of 20 millions each and two more of 10 millions each. That would solve the problems of some players getting old and guarantees staying in the elite in the following years.
If Griezmann leaves:
A good left back, a left wing midfielder, a defensive midfielder and a tall athletic striker are necessary. Joke in this scenario must be used only as central midfielder, not on the side or as defensive midfielder.
A centre back and an attacking midfielder could be signed as good substitutes. And if bosses want to make a good present for the new stadium, they sign Sandro Ramirez too.
If Griezmann stays then the money to spend will be much less. A tall athletic striker and a defensive midfielder should be the top priorities.

#19 OV1950

OV1950

El Niño

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:37 PM

Some more proposals if Griezmann leaves:
LB Yannick Gerhardt from Wollfsburg, Wendel from Leverkusen (since Leverkusen had a catastrophic season in bundesliga it would be financially good idea to look for deals there)
DM Illaramendi from Real Sociedad, Krychowiak from PSG, Paredes from Roma, Bender from Leverkusen, Kessie from Atalanta or Milivojevic from Crystal Palace
LM-winger Ljajic from Torino, Konoplyanka from Schalke (could buy him relatively cheap)
Striker Alario, Teodorczyk, Andre Silva from Porto, Bacca from Milan

Ideally if a striker good at headed attempts is signed, Sandro Ramirez should be signed too. He is a really good player his price will go very high if he has health in his career

#20 Zed

Zed

Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:55 PM

whats up with all this sandro ramirez talk ? we don't need barca rejects , we either get a young striker who can develop like andre silva or try to push for a world class striker like lukaku or aubameyang  ( who both fancy moving this summer )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users