Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationSiilinjärvi, Finland

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:53 AM

A message to the admins:

Please come back and maintain the site.

It's been neglected for like a year now. Static content (Front page widget, fixtures page, prediction league link) is outdated and player roster page is not only outdated but also throws PHP errors.

There's been no website upkeep or development for at least a year. There's no HTTPS-connection so I don't even want to use my real email sending you this feedback.

I also suspect that you might receive some spam through this contact from, so I'll post this to the forum as well.

I tried to send this via the contact form at http://www.atleticofans.com/contact/, but naturally I received an error sending this. ("Failed to send your message. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method."

Please, please, please don't let this site die. It's got a good momentum now with the writers and tweets but the site is the hub that keeps it all together.

#2 Nick

Nick

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 108 posts

Posted Today, 08:28 AM

Hi Wate, thanks for your concern. Unfortunately it's a huge mixture of lack of time and lack of volunteers.

We've got a great group of guys that can keep the Twitter and social media aspects going, but it takes a great deal more time to maintain the website with new articles and content. 

If you or anybody else wants to volunteer then please shoot me a PM on here or email [email protected]

I'm also going to work through and see if I can fix some of the PHP errors over the next fortnight - but unfortunately out of date content like the player rosters take a lot of time to rewrite!

(And yes, I get an absolute boat load of spam through the contact form) :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users