Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSiilinjärvi, Finland

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:53 AM

A message to the admins:

Please come back and maintain the site.

It's been neglected for like a year now. Static content (Front page widget, fixtures page, prediction league link) is outdated and player roster page is not only outdated but also throws PHP errors.

There's been no website upkeep or development for at least a year. There's no HTTPS-connection so I don't even want to use my real email sending you this feedback.

I also suspect that you might receive some spam through this contact from, so I'll post this to the forum as well.

I tried to send this via the contact form at http://www.atleticofans.com/contact/, but naturally I received an error sending this. ("Failed to send your message. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method."

Please, please, please don't let this site die. It's got a good momentum now with the writers and tweets but the site is the hub that keeps it all together.

#2 Nick

Nick

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:28 AM

Hi Wate, thanks for your concern. Unfortunately it's a huge mixture of lack of time and lack of volunteers.

We've got a great group of guys that can keep the Twitter and social media aspects going, but it takes a great deal more time to maintain the website with new articles and content. 

If you or anybody else wants to volunteer then please shoot me a PM on here or email [email protected]

I'm also going to work through and see if I can fix some of the PHP errors over the next fortnight - but unfortunately out of date content like the player rosters take a lot of time to rewrite!

(And yes, I get an absolute boat load of spam through the contact form) :)

#3 sarnobat

sarnobat

Colchonero

• Moderators
  • 921 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA (USA) - formerly Cardiff, UK

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:55 AM

Hi Wate. I'm glad you care about this as much as I do.

While I don't have access to the site host servers, if you feel the site becomes unusuable and we need to start a new hub then you can use my help. I'm sure Kaminero would be invaluable too.

But hopefully Atleticofans.com will survive and it won't come to that.

---

Whatsapp Atletico chat group: message me (+1 607 339 5366) and I'll add you.

Personal website: http://www.atleticomadridhistory.com/

Official English twitter page: https://twitter.com/atletienglish , Atleticofans Twitter: https://twitter.com/atleticofans , UK Pena Twitter: https://twitter.com/atleticoMadUK

Atletico Madrid fan since 1999

#4 Wate

Wate

Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSiilinjärvi, Finland

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:58 AM

I volunteered to help. The site may not be in tip-top shape, but I'm sure it's not fatal. The forums alone are worth the effort to save it. I hope it will have a long, successful life as the #1 English-speaking Atleti community. It just needs a little love.

#5 Mike

Mike

Youngster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, UK

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:24 AM

Hi guys,

My name's Mike, I helped Nick design and build the site. Just to clarify, I'm not actively part of the team who run AF though.

I saw this topic last week and did some core updates to the system, updated the squad section as best I could and put the final league game of this season on the home page, rather than the UCL final from last year (no one wants to see that every day!)

I have offered my help in maintaining the site moving forwards and it is something that is scheduled for discussion behind the scenes. AF has a fantastic community and user base and I don't see it dying any time soon. We are looking at what we can do to make it more sustainable moving forwards.

As I say, I don't speak for the AF team, these are just my thoughts.

#6 thericeking

thericeking

El Niño

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationZambia

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:20 PM

in terms of articles i volunteer to help.

a lot of the time i find the articles are just a good place for people to put comments about the upcoming game. it is not necessarily about the article's content, its more about having the article as a forum for discussion.

ofcourse the article still needs to be good. i have experience writing, scientific papers, news articles and general trash what takes my fancy so if you want a writing volunteer i volunteer. pm me at [email protected]

#7 thericeking

thericeking

El Niño

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationZambia

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:21 PM

oh and gooood job Mike.. very glad that champs league loss is gone and the fixture list is on its way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users