#1 Rowly

Rowly

El Niño

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationRochester, England

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

Rumoured to be signing. I like him but what do you guys think, is he the right player for us?

€25m by the way, negotiated down from his release clause of €30m.

#2 Monleao-Andrade

Monleao-Andrade

Cantera prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

He is a FANTASTIC player. He's been getting significantly better every season, and he will likely evolve into a world class player under Cholo...which sadly is the main reason we might buy him, honestly...so that we can sell him in 2-3 years and make profit. Kind of like what we did with Falcao.

Also, although it seems close, it is still just a rumor at this point. Not official, so there's still a possibility he won't come.

#3 Capi

Capi

El Niño

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationVicente Calderon

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

He is the perfect player for us, in my opinion. He is energetic, brings goals, got good pace and so on - I think he could thrive next to Mandžukic when given enough freedom. At the moment almost all Spanish media outlets are covering the story and something certainly seems to be going on.

Interesting part is that we were really close to sign him in 2011. Back then everything was pretty much arranged for Griezmann to join us, but in the end we pulled out of the deal, because Jokin Apperibay had called Gil Marin and asked him not pay the release clause. I think that gesture could benefit us in the current negotiations.

#4 Bloc Party

Bloc Party

Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

it's a perfect deal. he will strengthen us in many ways and we will help him to become a far better player than he is right now.

#5 Jimbo_With_the_Dancinshoes

Jimbo_With_the_Dancinshoes

Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

Aaaaand it's official

#6 Capi

Capi

El Niño

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

Pretty nice way to start your morning. So excited about this signing.

#7 madwriter

madwriter

El Niño

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

Woohoooooooooooo, nice!

#8 Kaminero

Kaminero

Rojiblanco

• Moderators
  • 5,210 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

Griezmann and Ansaldi together in front of the Fremap clinic

1406538795_232040_1406545377_noticia_gra

#9 Kaminero

Kaminero

Rojiblanco

• Moderators
  • 5,210 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

Vavel says that Griezmann is the second most expensive signing in club history.

dibujo-9620822691.jpg

#10 Brad

Brad

Cantera prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

Any idea when he will be presented in the Vicente Calderon?

#11 LSS

LSS

Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

Any details of the transfer fee or his contract?

#12 Monleao-Andrade

Monleao-Andrade

Cantera prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

A bit disappointing, but supposedly Griezmann has been a lifelong Real Madrid fan.

In this audio clip from last year, he was asked who he would prefer to win between Dortmund and Madrid in their CL matchup. He said he wanted Madrid to win because he's a "Madridista". (Clip is in Spanish)

http://www.101greatg...drid-fan-audio/

#13 thebionn

thebionn

Cantera prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationLower Hutt

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:46 PM

Maybe that's why the kit is whiter this year, to lure Griezmann in.

Great signing. Looking forward to next season, I think the replacements should fit in well, and the loss of Costa and Filipe won't be too damaging.

Curious to see if Griezmann will play as a striker or as a wide player in a new 4-2-3-1 formation. Worked for Germany, it's possibly the most popular formation in football right now.

#14 Monleao-Andrade

Monleao-Andrade

Cantera prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:06 PM

An attacking midfield trio of Arda, Koke,and Griezmann behind Mandzukic seems like an absolutely lethal attack. But it is a change from Simeone's traditional 4-4-2(which with Arda&Koke seems more like a 4-2-2-2 if you ask me) so it will take some time to adjust. Last year we struggled while playing 4-2-3-1/4-5-1.

#15 Bess

Bess

Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:46 AM

An attacking midfield trio of Arda, Koke,and Griezmann behind Mandzukic seems like an absolutely lethal attack. But it is a change from Simeone's traditional 4-4-2(which with Arda&Koke seems more like a 4-2-2-2 if you ask me) so it will take some time to adjust. Last year we struggled while playing 4-2-3-1/4-5-1.

Take a look of the Games with David Villa and Diego Costa. David Villa played always behind Diego Costa, to get the Balls and to continue them to Costa or to Koke, Arda, Gabi etc.

Under Simeone we was always flexible in our system, so there will not be so much to change, but you're right when you mean we need time to adjust the new system with Grizi instead of David Villa.  

#16 Kaminero

Kaminero

Rojiblanco

• Moderators
  • 5,210 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:41 AM

A bit disappointing, but supposedly Griezmann has been a lifelong Real Madrid fan.

In this audio clip from last year, he was asked who he would prefer to win between Dortmund and Madrid in their CL matchup. He said he wanted Madrid to win because he's a "Madridista". (Clip is in Spanish)

http://www.101greatg...drid-fan-audio/

So, he's now following the footsteps of Falcao and Courtois...

#17 LSS

LSS

Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

So, he's now following the footsteps of Falcao and Courtois...

If he plays as well for us as they did, I don't mind.

#18 Kaminero

Kaminero

Rojiblanco

• Moderators
  • 5,210 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

The official site announces that Griezmann has passed his medical and signed a six-year contract

#19 starvs

starvs

Indio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Locationboston

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

Oblak - Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Siqueira - Gabi, Mario (Tiago) - Koke, Arda (or someone who will joins us, eg. Cazorla, Chicharito etc.), Griezmann - Mandzukic

I think Cholo will change 4-4-2 into 4-2-3-1.

If we bring in Santi/Levezzi that means one of them (or Arda/Griezmann) will have to sit on the bench, pretty awesome problem to have; partly why I don't expect it to happen, that's a big expensive name on the bench for Atleti...

#20 Capi

Capi

El Niño

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:14 PM

A lot of kids like to go with the popular and successful ones and our beloved Griezmann probably got caught in there too. I am sure it's nothing serious though and Antoine will soon fall in love with the coolest team of the town. So let's call it just an honest mistake he made in his childhood. 

After all, people do change. Raul once used to be a huge Atleti fan and look what happened to him. Same goes for Arbeloa for example. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users